Thursday, January 31

Being Hardcore... {jsl}

Scouting locations for STIR Magazine's spring fashion spread
(I can't tell you where we were, so please do not ask)

I wasn't prepared. I knew this because I left my wide angle lens, forgot to recharge my battery and showed up with a shoulder bag. Despite all of this I survived the surreal adventure I've fantasized about but never had enough courage to accomplish. Though I do value my paranoia and the decision to never go it alone. With a new friend's expertise I infiltrated a historically rich abandoned institution building dating back to the 1800s. After crawling through a window and then confronting a pitch black basement, I had thoughts of being touched by supernatural beings. That was just me, of course.

On another note, I love shooting on location. Though this might be the toughest shoot I have ever done because it needs extensive planning. I need a cohesive wardrobe, a brave unique model(s), an easy entrance and ultimately a vision with strong aesthetics. The fact that this is my last semester has given me a weird sense of freedom to experiment. Thus, perhaps Polaroids of eerie/cute doll-like models in unnatural positions?

No comments: