Monday, September 13

What I Love: Wish Tree by Yoko Ono at the MoMA.


*Photos from the lovely Sparked Blog.




Yoko Ono's Wish Tree commemorating 9/11 at MoMA. I've already loved this idea. I still remember doing a similar project at an international camp. I bought and planted a weeping willow on camp grounds, installed a box with writing supplies and invited everyone to write down their wish and attach it to the tree's flowing branches. Physically beautiful but I think it also acknowledges the possible presence of a higher power, whether religious or natural.

1 comment:

LBT said...

Now I really feel bad we didn't get to see the garden.
Too bad, since having Fridays free in my schedule is so rare.
I kind of want to read peoples wishes. It's different from the traditional version where wishes are folded and you can't read them.

Hey I wonder what people do at that microphone in other countries. Here in NY we're super stressed so people scream. You think they might read poetry if it's in the country side?